When you are away from your computer and your email account, who will reply to all those emails? Windows live mail will do it for you. it does not exactly have your type of spontaneity and quick response, but if you have a permanent internet connection and can leave your computer running at your home or home office, it will send a canned reply informing people you are out of the office.
you will include in your automatic replies when you expect to be back and replying in person so your contacts can adjust their actions. Our Texpert has explained in quick and easy step to set up a Vacation Auto-Response in Windows live mail
Steps to create an automatic out of office message in Windows live mail:
- Open Notepad.
- Type the message you want to appear in the body of your autoresponse.
- Select "File" | "Save" from the menu.
- Type "Vacation Auto-Reply" under File name:.
- Make sure "Text Documents (*.txt)" is selected under Save as type:.
- Click "Save".
- Close Notepad.
- Open Windows live mail.
- Select "Tools" | "Message Rules" | "Mail"... from the menu.
- Go to the "Mail Rules" tab.
- Click "New"....
Make sure Where the To or CC line contains people is checked under Select the Conditions for your rule:.
Alternatively, you can check For all messages. It usually makes sense to reply automatically only to messages sent directly to your email address, however.
- Under Select the Actions for your rule:, check "Reply with message".
- Click on the "contains people" link under Rule Description.
- Type your "email address".
- Click "Add".
* If you have more than one address, repeat the previous two steps.
- Click "OK".
- Now click the "message" link, also under Rule Description.
- Select "Text (*.txt)" from the Files of type: drop-down menu.
- Highlight the "Vacation Auto-Reply" file.
- Click "Open".
- Under Name of the rule:, type something like "Vacation Auto-Reply" as well.
- Click "OK".
- Click "OK" again.
These steps can be followed for Windows live mail installed in Windows XP, Windows 7 etc..